Saturday, September 26, 2015

5.6 Reflection on Project 1

  • What challenges did you face during the Quick Reference Guide project and how did you deal with them? I found myself falling behind in my classwork due to my personal work load.  I am not letting this stop me and I am continuing to work on catching up and do not want to give up on this class.
  • What successes did you experience on the project and how did they happen? I have learned a whole lot of technology as compared to when I took English classes twenty years ago. Change is a good thing and I welcome it with open arms.
  • What kinds of arguments, rhetorical strategies, design choices and writing practices did you find the most effective for your project? Why? The continual use of citations and using hyperlinks consistently to instill the skill. Repetition makes for perfection. The QRG's purpose and foundation for writing a paper.
  • What kinds of arguments, rhetorical strategies, design choices and writing practices did you find were not effective for your project? Why? I would have to answer this question as to I did not find anything that I would not use except for the use of discipline formats such as MLA as in my discipline I have always used APA.
  • How was the writing process for this project similar to other school writing experiences you’ve had in the past? I have previously attended other universities and this is the first time I have experienced blogging and other skills so this is a little bit different rather than similar.
  • How was the writing process for this project different from other school writing experiences you’ve had in the past? I had never created a blog so this was a really new experience. At first I was a little nervous but then I gain confidence in myself.
  • Would any of the skills you practiced for this project be useful in your other coursework? Why or why not? Most definitely these skills will be carried with me to my future studies and in my professional work environment. Using proper guidelines is something we tend to forgot sometimes and any new technology we learn can only make us more knowledgeable, marketable and successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment